Kenilworth and Southam Constituency Labour Party campaign on local and national issues. Check out our current campaigns:
- what they are about
- what activities, meetings and / or events are planned in support of campaigns
- timetables, venues, places of activity
- to get access to facts, analysis, arguments and opinions
- find out who is leading and working to support a campaign
- how you can get involved, help and support.
Lobby Stratford Council: Support our EU Citizens!
Stratford4Europe Steering Committee has given its full support to the motion from Labour Councillor Jason Fojtik to Stratford-on-Avon District Council demanding that (1) the Council calls on the Government to unilaterally act to legislate to guarantee that all existing acquired EU treaty rights of EU citizens and their family members in the UK should be protected after we leave the EU and (2) the Council establishes a mechanism to consult EU citizens in Stratford District (estimated 5,000) about the impact of Brexit on them, their families and their communities.
The motion is being debated at the next Council Meeting on MONDAY 17 July at 2pm at Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HX – ACTIVISTS ARE MEETING OUTSIDE AT 1.30pm to lobby councillors – Join us!
Warwickshire Children’s Centres Consultation
With regards to Patrick’s Motion on Warwickshire Children’s Centres at our CLP meeting on July 3rd we have some more information for you that’d help greatly in combating the proposed cuts by the Conservative Warwickshire Council. If you’ve already done any of these things then that’s great, thank you!
Firstly, there is the consultation. All the information on this can be found on the Warwickshire Council Website. You can respond to this in a number of ways. Either in writing, via the questionnaire or by attending a public meeting. Basically, the more representations we have, with as many different reasons to not close the centres, the more likely it is we’ll be listened to!
Secondly, there are a number of petitions flying around. There is one being run by the Warwickshire Labour Group which can be found here. There’s also a cross party one which can be found here. We understand that a number of Children’s Centres themselves have setup their own petitions too so if you see any, we urge you to sign them as well.
Finally, there is a cross party campaign group up and running on this issue. They operate through a Facebook Group which can be found here. They can provide help and advice on how to respond to the consultation as well as many of them are mum’s and dads who take their children to the centres. This group is also out campaigning in Leamington outside the Town Hall this Saturday (8th July) at 9am so if you can find the time to come along that’d be great!
If you’d like any more information please contact Patrick Jenkins via email: email@example.com.
Stoneleigh and Cubbington by-election
Seasoned local activist Josh Payne is standing for us in the Stoneleigh and Cubbington by-election on the 5th of October. To get involved with his campaign by leafleting or canvassing please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
County Elections 2017
Our local activists are getting the ball rolling on our campaign to win seats in Warwickshire County Council.
Labour in opposition:
1) Have fought hard against Tory cuts
2) Protected services for our Young People, the home to school budget and library cards for young people
3) Looked after our elderly
4) Improved Community Safety
If Labour win:
1) Restore quality health and social care to Warwickshire – Fight against the loss of health services across the county and to fight for proper funding for adult social care
2) Invest in our next generation – Giving a good start by protecting the childrens centre budget, making a school system that works for all children in warwickshire and ensure there is a clear path to higher education or apprenticeships.
3) Provide affordable energy to the people of Warwickshire – we are planning to use the municipal energy company to combat energy poverty and higher energy prices generally
4) Make Warwickshire’s transport and road network fit-for-purpose
Our candidates are as follows:
Feldon – Matthew Panton
Kineton and Redhorse – Patrick Jenkins
Southam, Stockton and Napton – Ros Grant
Wellesbourne – James Briggs
Cubbington and Leek Wootton – Nick Hoten
Kenilworth Park Hill – Audrey Mullender
Kenilworth St. John’s – Wallace McDowell
Lapworth and West Kenilworth – Josh Payne
For information on campaign days and canvassing contact our Campaigns Co-ordinator, Ros Grant, via email on email@example.com or our CLP Secretary, Nick Hoten, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Labour In For Britain – The Labour Party is campaigning for Britain to remain in the European Union.
Ros Grant is our Constituency Referendum Officer.
The Kenilworth & Southam Constituency Labour in for Britain Group will be campaigning for a yes vote to remain in the Europe Union. European membership is the key to our countries future and is a strategic as well as economic necessity.
We really need your help with this vital campaign both practically &/or financially.
CLICK HERE to find out more